An eCPM calculator reveals one of the most important, and interesting, metrics a website owner needs to look at. I’ll do my best on this page to explain what the eCPM is, how to calculate the eCPM, and how to optimize your eCPM.
But before we start, what is an eCPM? In a nutshell, the eCPM shows a publisher (website owner) their banner ad monetization performance. The eCPM is the revenue earned per 1000 ad impressions.
The higher your websites eCPM, the more money you are earning from your ad units.
Use our eCPM calculator below to determine your eCPM. Simply enter your total earnings from display ads, and the total number of impressions from those display ads, and our calculator will show you the eCPM.
What is the eCPM Formula?
eCPM = Total Ad Earnings / Impressions x 1000
What does eCPM actually mean?
eCPM stands for ‘effective cost per mille’.
Why is The eCPM Important?
Unless your a nutjob, you’ll want to maximise the earnings from your website. It is hard growing a site, and takes months (or years) to build the traffic, so you shouldn’t settle for a low eCPM when a bit of focus on improving it today, will pay dividends for tomorrow and beyond.
There are a few ways you can improve your websites eCPM:
- Test different banner sizes
- Optimize your ad positions
- Join a higher paying ad network (view our Adsense alternatives)
- Sell banners ads directly to brands
- Open Rate CalculatorOur open rate calculator is super simple – all you need to do is enter the number of people which opened your email, and the number of people […]
- CPV CalculatorCost Per View (CPV) is most often used in relation to any sort of video ad, whether it be on Youtube, Facebook, or any other platform. It is […]
- CPI CalculatorIntro content goes here CPI Calculator: Use our click through rate calculator below to determine your CTR. Simply enter the number of clicks and ad received, and the […]
- eCPM CalculatorAn eCPM calculator reveals one of the most important, and interesting, metrics a website owner needs to look at. I’ll do my best on this page to explain […]
- CPA CalculatorCPA (cost per acquisition) is the dollar price that an advertiser pays to acquire a customer. It is one of the most important metrics for any digital marketer. […]
- CPC Calculators CPC Calculator: User our CPC calculator below to determine exactly how much you are paying per click. You’ll need to enter the amount you spent on the […]
- Conversion Rate CalculatorYou conversion rate can be calculated in a number of different ways. In it’s most simplest form, a websites conversion rate is the number of online sales as […]
- CTR CalculatorThe click through rate (CTR) is one of the most basic, and most frequently used, metrics in the online advertising industry. CTR is used to gauge the attractiveness […]